N o 1 for American Sports Scholarship Funding

What Academic Qualifications do I require?

Academic requirements can vary from university to university and college to college. To be admitted to a US university you will need a minimum C average in your GSCE’s and a minimum score of 940 out of 1600 on the SAT which assesses your level of math and English. Please note that these are minimum requirements and some universities require higher grades.

For junior college the academic requirements are less stringent. You do not require an SAT and you only need to have 5 GSCE’s/Standard Grades or their equivalent to qualify. Post Graduate Students may be required to sit the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE).


What Qualification will I graduate with?

The qualifications you receive upon completion of your undergraduate studies will be a bachelor’s degree. This is a universal standard. Just like in UK the quality of your degree will depend on the university you attain it from, i.e. a degree from Oxford University would hold considerably more weight in the job market of that from a lesser ranking university, the same as obtaining a bachelor’s from Harvard University would be far greater than a low ranking university in the US. We will always aim to place our clients at the highest academic level possible.


What Can I study?

You will be able to study any course that the university offers. Many people have a misconception that they must study sports-related subject. However, this is a common mistake. The US university system offers the most diverse course selection in the world.


Where Can I study?

You can study in any state in America; we currently have students studying in 41 of the 50 States.


How long does a scholarship last?

Scholarships are awarded over a 4 year period and are renewable each year dependent on performance on the field and in the classroom. Generally students will attend college/university for 4 years to complete a bachelor’s degree. For transfer students or post graduate students it is usually 1 or 2 years. Your scholarship each year is based on your sporting and academic performances throughout the year and also your behaviour and attitude during your time representing the school.


What Happens If I do not settle in America?

Not every student in America will settle in America this can be due to various reasons, homesickness, injury, lack of form, can't adapt to culture or climate or maybe academically a student struggles with course work. If this is the case, we recommend completing the first year of studies and then transferring to a college or university back home.


What options do I have if I want to come home or transfer to another college/university?

If you need to come home due to any reason, our advice is to complete the remainder of the year at the university in the USA before doing so. The main reason is you can transfer the credit back to a university in your home country and resume the course in year 2 rather than start all over again in year 1.

It also keeps the option open to return to the States should you wish return at any stage.

For more information about sports scholarships, please contact us or    Apply Now

Latest from the blog
Latest from Twitter